General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

How To Zip A file Without Including Parent Directory

brianvtran
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I managed to get Alteryx to automate zipping a file using Run Command using a batch file written with Alteryx but there are extraneous paths in my Zipped Folder.

For example,

instead of having it be Zipped Folder --> csv file, 

it's giving me Zipped Folder--> Output Folder--> csv file.

Currently my batch file looks like this:

7z a -tzip "Zipped Folder pathway" "Folder where csv file to be zipped is found" 

I've seen suggestions about using -j and -r but I get either error 1 or error 7 since I'm not too familiar with CMD language. 

Is there any way to rewrite the batch file so that I can write and zip a csv file without all those extra paths? 

Thanks,

Brian

10 REPLIES 10
brianvtran
7 - Meteor

@AkimasaKajitani 

Thank you for your help. I think I understand how to compress and extract zip files via Powershell for Alteryx.

I was continuing my exploration into extraction methods via Alteryx and was trying to write a command to use 7zip to extract a file (so I know how to reverse it via the same app). 

I am having some trouble doing this properly, is what I have written correct so far?

7z e "Filepath\Filename.zip"

would I need to specify the destination folder or would it simply extract the files to the same folder? I was trying to use Run Command again, with the bat file specifying the extraction command. But I kept getting an error code 2. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels