Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Alteryx Admin API Schedule Forecast

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi there,

I'm looking to do some work with the "Schedule Forecast" endpoint with the Alteryx Admin API and I'm struggling to get it to work, specifically there is no documentation around what date format the query expects, and this seems to be where it is falling over given that I get a 500 error indicating an issue with the formatting.

BenMoss_0-1615289877376.png

{
  "data": null,
  "exceptionName": "UnknownException",
  "innerExceptionMessage": "",
  "message": "Unknown error.\nFormatException\nRequestID: cf80c218b30740d18fc5c569a70a9672"
}

Has anyone had any success with interacting with this end point, or can someone at Alteryx shed any light on the expected value format?

Thanks

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenMoss - This is a new API endpoint. Schedule Forecast is described in the documentation here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/schedule-forecast-admin-interface 

In order to get it working you must be a curator/admin for your Gallery. Then you need to go through the following steps:

1) Make sure that you have enabled your API access in your profile:

ArtApa_0-1620020278011.png

2) Copy your API access Key and Secret from your profile:

ArtApa_2-1620020417460.png

3) Paste your API access Key and Secret to the "Try Out!":

ArtApa_3-1620020510439.png

4) Select response time(json or xml) and enter parameters. PLEASE NOTE that parameters are not From/To, these are Before and After, e.g. To/From. It can be wither Date or DateTime in ISO (Alteryx) format:

ArtApa_4-1620020644062.png

5) If success, you will receive a response code 200 and a Response body:

ArtApa_5-1620020737089.png

Hope that helps.

alberto_herni
9 - Comet

Hi Ben,

I have been also trying to make this API enpoint work. Regarding date format, for me is working (Server version 2020.4) with the following format: YYYY-MM-DD

But to be honest with you, this endpoint it's not returning too much info, at least in my server version. I still prefer to pick up schedules table from the MongoDB and do my own forecast.

Best Regards,

Alberto HM

Forecast.PNG