Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
MSzadowiak
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I tried to run the macro but I get an error I've not come across before. The excerpt goes like this:

Error: SimilarityMatch (49): Tool #3: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\users\xxxx\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "c:\users\xxxx\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\DesignerBaseTools_venv\Scripts\jupyter-nbconvert.EXE\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>
File "c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\kernelspec.py", line 235, in get_kernel_spec
raise NoSuchKernel(kernel_name)
jupyter_client.kernelspec.NoSuchKernel: No such kernel named designerbasetools_venv

I assume it has to do with either macro or Python settings on my desktop, but I can't get to the bottom of it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MSzadowiak 

Sorry for the late reply, basically the macro which is used Python tool is needed to run for install python packages by Admin mode at first. This means that you need to run Designer by run as administrator. Normally, when you run the Designer, it will run non admin mode even if you installed the Admin Designer. So you should run the Designer by "Run As Admin".

dvortsis
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for this! I've been using it for a long time and it has saved me a ton of work and frustration over the native fuzzy match tool. Excellent work!