Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Tayyab93
5 - Atom

I want to be able to dynamically update the custom date so I can create a batch macro, however when I connect the action tool to it, the format shown has no recognised pattern. Will this be fixed?Action Tool on GA4 Input.png

emoody
5 - Atom

The [number] represents milliseconds since 1970-01-01. 

The [number] can be formatted into a date using this function in Alteryx: datetimeadd('1970-01-01',[Number]/1000,'second'). 

So to convert your custom [date] back to a number to use in your batch macro, you can use this formula: datetimediff([Date], '1970-01-01 00:00:00','second')*1000

You can double check your calculations online using the epoch converter: https://www.epochconverter.com/ 

Hope this helps! :D

Tayyab93
5 - Atom

Hi @emoody, thanks for getting back to me with the explanation. However, can this not be done in the backend so the front end is more user friendly i.e. will show the Dates instead of the total milliseconds from 1970?

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

If we follow the steps in the link below and try to connect with the new connector, we always get "Access blocked: this program's request is invalid" (400: redirect_uri_mismatch).

https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/google-analytics#GoogleAnalyticsCustomApp

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Are the last 2 lines of the scope necessary? If you add these, there is additional authorization necessary. In the previous connector these 2 were not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to filter in GA (prior to outputting data) by hard-coding the XML?

Example: I want to only see records where page-path contains '/en-US/', but I do not want to output the dimension page-path, as that will lead to double-counting the records.

DETAILS:  I want to get total sessions for all cases where page-path contains '/en-US/'.  If I filter on page path using the Alteryx "SELECT" tool AFTER I download, then the number of sessions are double-counted.  To prevent this from happening, I would like to filter the expression prior to downloading.

pat
5 - Atom

Tools hangs and never finishes loading after extracting 5 rows on a single date. I'm able to connect to my analytics account and view metrics and dimensions, however, when I try to run the flow it never completes. Also, when I click out of the tool after selecting it, Alteryx stops responding for about 20 seconds. I think it might be trying to load the entire dataset, but I'm not sure why. Is there a specific misconfiguration that would cause this in GCP?

Metrics = Items viewed

Dimensions = Item ID

Date = Yesterday

Number of Rows = 5

Validated = Yes

Run flow, infinite load with no results

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

This connector worked for a few months, but it seems like the python is now having trouble converting dates. Even when I go pack to a point in time where it used to work, I see the same error.

GA4 tool error.jpg

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

We have exactly the same issue as rhipp87. Also with other periods like Last 7 days, Last 28 days or Yesterday.

Also with less number of rows.

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

I've also been having the same issues <class "ValueError">:Month must be 1...12 as JW-ZS and rhipp87.  

The problem started on October 1; prior to this date we did not have any issues.

nellis
5 - Atom

Add my name to the list of users experiencing the "<class 'ValueError'>: month must be in 1..12" error.

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

@AlteryxProducts could you please provide a solution for this? Thanks in advance!

rhipp87
7 - Meteor

@JW-ZS @MeghanGohil @nellis I'm not sure if you all have submitted a case for this, but mine is Case #00659317.

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

@rhipp87 unfortunately I can't make a case now. There seems a problem with the profile/email. I have to reach our account manager first.

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid
  • @rhipp87 - This is the response I got from Mahesh Reddy:

Thanks for your patience, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
  • I have logged it as a defect with Id GCSE-1744 and the JIRA card is now with the E3T team on a high priority,
  • I'm hoping that they will fix this issue as soon as possible and unfortunately I cannot provide you the timeframe at the moment.

001hor
5 - Atom

i'm also having the same issues..

Has anyone got that fixed?

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

@AlteryxProducts Still no solution in this issue? 

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

They sent me a new version today (Version 1.0.1), but it doesn't work via DCM.  You have to manually log in to Google, which means you can't automate this. :-( 

001hor
5 - Atom

Thanks, @MeghanGohil!

I'll try that....

The alternative would be to build it from Big Query.

I also noticed that in GA4 Ui I couldn't find the "Metro" info, like we use to have in GA360.

And Metro exists in Big Query...

But I also noticed that # sessions doesn't match with UI.

Has anyone already compared those numbers?

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

@001hor  There is a delay of several hours in GA4, which wasn't the case in UA. You can find more info on Google.

JW-ZS
7 - Meteor

I have downloaded the latest version of the connector (and also upgraded to the latest version of Alteryx Designer and R).

Google Analytics 4 version (1.0.1)

I had to make the connection again (with login at google) and I also had to setup the connector settings from scratch again (select account, propertiy, metrics and dimensions).

After that it worked!

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

Downloaded the new version of Alteryx, and the GA4 connector works with that using DCM!