Cleveland-Akron, OH

Welcome to the Cleveland-Akron User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Hello Cleveland/Akron Group and Next Meeting Preview!

kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hi Everybody,

My name is Ken Albert and I recently joined the leadership committee for our user group.  If you were at the last meeting, I was the guy who asked a bunch of questions and then had to leave early.  Special thanks to @Brian32 for emailing me and helping me with some of those questions!  I think this group has a lot of potential to collaborate and I'm excited to help out and learn more about Alteryx in the process.  

I never got a chance to answer the 4 questions posted back in 2016, but here are my answers:

1. What is your name and industry you work?
  2. What are your favorite weekend activities?
  3. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  4. What areas would you like to grow in?

Answers:

1. I work for University Hospitals in the Internal Audit Department.  I've been using Alteryx for 4 months.
  2. Doing anything with the family, singing in the church choir, and video games.
  3. I use Alteryx on a wide variety of projects.  My goal is to run scheduled, automated analytics.  This includes comparisons between flat files,  database pulls, and spreadsheets.  
  4. As of this morning:
    • Macro Management - I often need to modify macros (like the CReW macros) to fit my need, but that modifies that macros everywhere they're used.  What are the best practices for organizing macros?
    • Scheduler Management - I'm just now experimenting with CReW Runner and Log Parser.  I think these will work well for scheduling several work flows and tracking the results, but I would like to know what other people are doing.

Next Meeting:

I'm planning on presenting a series of workflows I built that attempt to capture the pure chaos of a spreadsheet driven process.  In brief summary, there are thousands of spreadsheets, each with unique named sheets, and mostly the same fields on those sheets.  I believe there are many examples in this project that apply to a wide variety of problems:

• Using a macro to bring in many files after using a Directory Tool
  • Cleansing the list of files
  • Oh no! My files don't have the same field names!

New Members:

Also if you're a new member, like me, please respond with the 4 questions like I did above!   We'd love to hear what you're working on and how the group can help!

1 REPLY 1
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Cleveland-Akron leadership team, Ken!! We're thrilled to see you and @ggruccio collaborate and grow this awesome group. 

Tuvy Le
Manager, Community ACE Program