Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

What are Requirement to Run Alteryx Gallery Services as a Service Account?

slcorey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

When I attempt to run the Alteryx Server Configuration and setup to run the gallery as a different user, I always receive the generic message "User Could not be Validated".  This could mean a lot of different things.  How can I pinpoint what the problem is and why the Alteryx Gallery will not accept the user?

Server version - 2023.1

Domain - Mydomain.com (yes I put in the correct company domain, I'm just not putting it here publically)

User - Account name (tried both domain\ and no domain\)

Password - ThePassword

I have added the service account to the local domain admins group and still I get this message.  Is it possible to run Alteryx services as a non-built in user?  If so, please point me to the instructions!

Thanks,

Stephen

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @slcorey ,

This is probably a permission issue.

Take a look at the help page I shared and see if the user has all the permissions needed. Especially the parts mentioning the secondary logon and the log on as a batch job. https://help.alteryx.com/20221/server/configure-required-run-user-permissions