Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Upload a connection file to alteryx server using the Dynamic Input In-DB

Leonari
5 - Atom

Hello guys, how are you?

So, I'm using the Dynamic Input In-DB component to make a dynamic query using the data from SQL and Hadoop. Running on premise it works normally, I use Text Input to pass the query from Hadoop and the connection file path from my computer. The problem is, how do I pass an In-DB connection file to the Dynamic Input In-DB tool? Is there any way that I can make the dynamic query run in the server?

Btw, my workflow is something similar to this one.

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Leonari - There are two ways that come into my mind:

1) You manually create In-DB connection on the Alteryx Server with the same names

2) You write your In-DB connection into a file and add it to your workflow as an asset, when publishing. Here is how: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Create-an-Alteryx-In-DB-Conn...  

Leonari
5 - Atom

I can't do the first one because I'm using a server that I don't have the admin role :/

So, the second one: I already have the In-DB connection file, the problem is that I can't run the dynamic input In-DB without a connection name, and I don't know which connection name I need to run it on the server. For the connection file (indbc), I'm actually using two: one for alteryx designer and the other for the server.

jessefu
5 - Atom

In the Connection Name, try 

File:[File Path]

Replace [File Path] with your actual file path without quotes or brackets.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!