Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Sharing a collection

spainn
9 - Comet

Hi,

When I share a collection in Gallery, the user I share with automatically gets member permissions, meaning they can run workflows in the collection.  How can I share so they only become viewers?  Please note, I have reduced permissions on some of the users to viewer but they still get member role when I share the collection with them.

Thanks,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
andre347
10 - Fireball

I don't think you can have Viewers in a collection. Everyone that is added to a collection is automatically a member. This probably makes sense because a Collection is already a 'locked off' part of server for which only a selective group of users  can run workflows. But someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 12.19.00.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 12.19.31.png

spainn
9 - Comet

hmm, so I have some workflows in a collection that I want to share with my manager.  I only want him to be able to read the meta info on the job, or if he's really interested, download the job and look at the workflow and really don't want him to run the workflow and he doesn't want to do this by accident.  He is a viewer user.  What would you suggest?  Is a district a better use for this case?