Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Running batch files on the gallery

jabaldwin
5 - Atom

Hi all,

So i have a workflow uploaded to our company gallery, part of it involves creating/running a batch file to move files from folder A to folder B. In designer this works without any error, however when running from the gallery, even though the workflow processes fine and all the files do indeed move from A to B, it does give me an error stating filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I believe this is being caused because I am using a Run Command tool where I first create the .bat file (Write Source [Optional]) and then run that .bat file (Run External Program). I think the issue is that in the output for "Write Source" the file type is set as csv even though the file I'm creating is a .bat, however i see no option to save as a batch file?

Does anyone know of a workaround for this to stop the error in the gallery? The workflow technically ruins as expected, however the IT guys won't allow us to deploy the workflow on a schedule whilst its returning an error...

1 REPLY 1
jabaldwin
5 - Atom

Follow up: This actually is not related to the file type as I suspected, it is however some thing to do with the "Write Source" on the run command tool. I tried changing the workflow so that the bat file is created separately with an output tool, and then just set the "Write Source" to a temp yxdb file to fulfill the input/output requirement of the run command tool, and now it displays this yxdb file with the same error. This yxdb file is saved in the same location as other files being used by the workflow so I cannot see it being an issue with ther file path, so I am unsure what is causing the problem.