Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Google Sheets Output Tool Compatibility with Alteryx Server

ekurutz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have developed a workflow that utilizes the Google Sheets Output Tool using Alteryx Designer. When I try to save this workflow to our Alteryx Server I get an error message during validation that says "Cannot find macro "Google Sheets Output\Supporting_Macros\GoogleSheetsOutput.yxmc".  Any suggestions on how to alleviate this issue?

Also, will I need to set-up a service account that has the necessary access to allow me to write a specific G:Drive location?

1 REPLY 1
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @ekurutz 

A couple things. You need to work with the server admins to get those tools (or any tools) installed on the server. 

In regards to the service account the answer depends. You don't necessarily need to have a service account if say you are running from your machine and you are able to provide the right access from your credentials (simply meaning you are able to login when requested) however if you are talking scheduling on the server then yes you need to look into using a service account. 

Hope this helps!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks