Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery workflow - AMP to original Engine

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi Team, 

Is it feasible to modify the AMP workflow to utilize the original engine by employing robo3T? Let's assume I have published the workflow using AMP, and the server offers both engine options. However, the server team wishes to switch the engine option to the original engine. In such a scenario, I would need to republish all the workflows to the gallery. Is there any alternative to this, such as making the necessary changes in the database?

Regards, 

Ariharan Rengasamy

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ariharan ,

Interesting question, loved it!

I`m not 100% sure, but I will give you my take on this.

You do have AMP engine flags on the AlteryxGallery database, but those are only UI flags, unfortunately. The AMP flags used by the Engine are inside the workflow XML and similar to running your workflows on designer, the server will use that information.

Even if I`m wrong here, it would be challenging to control newer versions since the server will use the XML information always when publishing the workflow to the Gallery, so all workflows that were changed with Robo3T would still have the AMP flag inside the XML.

I would suggest using the gallery apis to download, change all xmls and republish the workflows back to the gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

This is interesting.  I think PUT {baseURL}/v3/workflows/{workflowId} allows you to change UI flags but not what's inside the workflows.  If you change what is inside of a WF(s) then you might introduce a problem with how you do version control.  That supports your advice to, "using the gallery apis to download, change all xmls and republish the workflows back to the gallery".