Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery add user missing

Kakelad
7 - Meteor

Hello good Alteryx enthusiasts far and wide!
We have a most intriguing problem at hand. 
Our most active user of Alteryx Gallery is not able to add users through the gallery interface. The user has been set as the default administrator in Alteryx' system settings. By all logic this user should be able to add and manage users, but the button seems to be missing. Also, when checking the permissions tab, it would seem as our admin would be just a curator. The user we are discussing here is ahosoja1(Jarmo Ahosola)
I will add multiple pictures below to demonstrate this.

Any tips, guidance and insight would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Users page, no "add user"Users page, no "add user"Just a curator huh?Just a curator huh?Subscription for the userSubscription for the userDefault adminDefault admin

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You may need to edit your Mongo gallery permissions. Here is the recommended tool. https://robomongo.org/download

I would send an email to Support@alteryx.com and check with them. 

Cheers,

Mark

PS. Also post the resolution here if support helps and you don’t receive a better community answer. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Kakelad
7 - Meteor

Thank you good sir! I will look into this tool.

Kakelad
7 - Meteor

I have installed the software and succesfully connected to the database. How am I supposed to give more administrative power to the correct user?
Thank you for any help!

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.56.50.png

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Kakelad - in order to add users on a gallery running Windows Auth, the admin (also known as the curator) needs to give permissions to the user - they are then added as a user on the backend as soon as the user logs in for the first time. It looks like your admin has the appropriate permission level (Curator), so all you will need to do is click the 'Permissions' tab and assign the permissions from there.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Kakelad
7 - Meteor

This seems to have solved our issue :) thanks a huge bunch!

rshekhar
5 - Atom

Hey, 

what method you tried to get this resolved?