Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Filter for multiple values

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am trying to build a filter option for the server to let the end user pick as many (or as few) options from a list as they would like. I am currently using a list box, action, and filter tool (attached images below). However, when I run it as an app, the filter is not working and all are flowing. Is there a way to modify this?

6 REPLIES 6
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

In the action tool, get rid of the parenthesis. You only want to replace the values inside them. Im not seeing anything strange beyond that.

SPetrie_0-1660233751060.png

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

Modified for that and still running into the same issue - any other recommendations?

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Are you able to share the app without any confidential info?

I cant think of anything else that would cause it without looking at how its actually running.

You can compare it to this test one I made where it is filtering the data appropriately.

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! I honestly am unsure what was off on my end, but I recreated it and it now works.

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

Hi, one quick follow up - is there a way to pull the filter the user selected? For example, if the user filters on company C, is there a way to make that part of the output? Goal is to build a control incase someone says "I filtered on A and B but only B appeared" but we can show "hey you only selected B"?

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

You can. Its pretty similar to the original flow, you just add another action tool to update a formula tool with the selected values.

SPetrie_0-1660687733086.png

SPetrie_1-1660687782341.png

SPetrie_2-1660687824367.png

One word of caution. The selected items it outputs will be in double quotes, so whatever string you create that will have the replaced values needs to be single quoted or you will get operation errors.