Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Connecting to Oracle DB issue

Blewis21
7 - Meteor

I'm having a strange issue when I'm trying to set up the Oracle DB connection for server. 

when I try to set up the connection in the gallery, it says "System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater." 

when I run the connection on my desktop, everything is working fine. I then publish that very basic workflow to the server. From the server I try to run it, but it tells me my user name and password is incorrect.  I tried doing a few changes here and there, but after 5 attempts, the system locked my Oracle account. 

does anyone know what is going on here? it seems like it's pinging Oracle just fine.is it an encoding issue with my user/pass? if so, how could you change that in Alteryx?

1 REPLY 1
Howard14
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

The error message suggests that the Oracle client software version on the server is outdated. The user might need to update the software version and check if the username and password are correct. It could also be an encoding issue, which can be resolved by changing the encoding settings in Alteryx.

My Centura Health

Best regard,