Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Bulk Update Scheduled Workflows

ryan_pip
6 - Meteoroid

I currently have about 120 scheduled jobs that run every night.  Due to an infrastructure change I need to change the database name across all these workflows.  Is there a way to automate this? I can download the current workbooks and make the changes in bulk using an alteryx workflow but have yet to figure out how to update the workflow back in the scheduler.  I am using Designer w Scheduler not Server.

Potential Solution I can't get to work:

1) Update using AlteryxEngineCmd

2) Update the mongodDB database directly.  However, I cannot get the updated XML back into the required --ServiceData format to do this

Any thoughts suggestions welcome

3 REPLIES 3
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ryan_pip,

Thanks for your question! 

If the workflow is scheduled to 'Run from Disk', then you should just update the workflow at that location.

If the Workflow is scheduled to 'Run from Scheduler DB' then you can hit the Update App, Workflow or Package button on the Workflows tab of the scheduling window. (See screenshot below)

update_workflow_scheduler.png

Hope this helps!

Amelia

ryan_pip
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amelia

Thanks for the quick reply.  All our workflows are currently InDB, however, I am looking for a bulk solution.  Manually updating 120+ workflows is not sustainable and prone to human error.  I am looking for a way to do this programatically.

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ryan_pip,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any way to do this. 

Good luck!

Amelia