Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server API - Packages Download - But None of them Open without an error

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hello All --

Happy New Year!!

I seem to be experiencing an issue using the Alteryx Server -- Server API tool. 

I have a workflow that gets me a list of all workflows on an Alteryx server and then I feed that list into another API in hopes of downloading all of of the workflows (about 100).

Packages do download - and they have sizes to it (not 0 bytes), but any workflow I open greets me with the below error:

Alteryx Server API Error.png

I am doing 5 workflows as I test and have tired random version of pulling workflows throughout my list -- all have the same issue. Has anyone experienced this and if so, did you manage to solve it.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. Due to sensitivity, i cannot share the workflow, but I can provide more data if needed. 

Thanks,

Seth

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @smoskowitz ,

I believe the issue is with the extension you are using. It should be YXZP instead of YXMD

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@fmvizcaino --

Thank you for the response, however, that doesn't appear to be the issue.

Regards,

Seth

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I created a workflow to download workflows using the Gallery API v3. See if this helps.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Good day @fmvizcaino . The workflow runs slightly better then what I was doing, but it only downloads 3 workflows out of the 60.The workflow stops with the below error. 

lHinDI3jGA.png

Thanks you again for your help!

Seth

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smoskowitz ,

I believe it has something to do with this configuration here. Try decreasing the number of records per minute and see if it solves the issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 092907.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@fmvizcaino- Still get the same error and below was the config. I feel like we are close though, but I still only get through 5 of the 60.

Config.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smoskowitz ,

This could be related to network issues. For that reason, I added the following part to the workflow, so every time you run, it will only download new ones.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 140121.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino