Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server API: Can we read data generated by Alteryx workflow via Server API?

Arti2893
7 - Meteor

Hello Community,

I am calling Alteryx API to run the workflow through Power Automate Desktop.

I want to check if it is possible to get the data which is generated by my Alteryx Workflow through Alteryx Server API's?

Instead of saving the file with the output data, I want to pass data in JSON Format.

5 REPLIES 5
arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

Unfortunately, I donot think there is an endpoint for this.

I think the easiest way would be to use a python tool or a json build tool at the end and store the result to a txt file.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Arti2893 ,

You will have to use a set of endpoints to achieve this result, but it is possible. 

Access Swagger. There you have access to all the endpoints available. You can find it on the question mark icon on your Gallery. https://help.alteryx.com/20231/en/server/api-overview.html#api-overview-6422959

You have to access the V1 endpoints on Swagger and you will see this list.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 115750.png

1. Run the workflow and return a jobID

2. Check if the workflow was successfully run and return the OutputID if any

3. Return the file

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Arti2893
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino ,

Thank you for your response. The above API will return the file, instead of file can we get output data in JSON format?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, you have a json output. The response body shows a json file to be downloaded, but you will get the raw json data as a response.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 104318.png

Arti2893
7 - Meteor

Thank you @fmvizcaino . I tried this in postman and I am getting json as response, exactly what I needed!
Thanks for your quick response