Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

Combining tables into one excel file.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow that produces 4 tables from 1 excel file then I would like to put them together into one excel file as a 4 worksheets + I want to add 2 worksheets from another excel file to have 1 excel files with 6 worksheets, which 4 comes from tables made by workflow and 2 which comes from another excel file. How can I do something like that?

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Do the tables have the same or a varied schema?

If they have the same schema you can use one output tool.

If they have different schemas you would require one output tool per stream.

Each stream would need to be blocked to prevent a 'write' conflict with Alteryx (i.e. so it writes one sheet at a time and doesn't try to write two at a time). This can be achieved using the parallel block until done tool available on the Alteryx gallery.

Check this post out it should give you some pointers (ignore the piece about the R tool it should not be relevent in your case).

https://benjnmoss.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/writing-to-the-same-excel-file-in-alteryx/

Ben

Ben

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thank you for help. I made it up with R tool. 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello @BenMoss

I found something strange in the output excel:

First: In one table there were number headers like 1,2,3,4 now they are X1,X2,X3,X4.

Second: In each table If there was a header with two words like "name surname" in the output tables each header is like "name.surname". Headers with one word are good. Only headers have this issue, values in each column are good. 

Labels