Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

extract portion of url using regex

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have urls of the form X\Y\Z\A KPI 2021.xlsx|||B , Z\H\W\B Daily KPI 2022.xlsx|||E, D\F\C\E\G - Daily KPI 2021.xlsx|||G. I'm looking to extract A KPI, B Daily KPI, G - Daily KPI. In terms of consistency- these strings will always within the last \ and before d{4} i.e. the years expression 2021, 2022. Also-this expression would definitely contain the word KPI and sometimes also contain the word Daily, so something like (Daily|KPI) would be needed in the regex portion. Can anyone help with this ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Shaina1 

You want to like this ?

flying008_0-1666067360173.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Shaina1 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1666076598964.png

bkurt
8 - Asteroid

bkurt_0-1666077189530.png

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, thanks a lot for this ! Unfortunately, I'm still getting nulls only as my regex output. I did notice the additional dots in the expression that you have displayed. I don't need the A.KPI or B.Daily.KPI- Just need A KPI or B Daily KPI out. For now-I'm getting nulls only.

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you everyone ! I saw these messages later. Please discard my above message. The regex is working for me now :)

Labels