Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Xtract Universal Custom Defined Parameter with multiple inputs

patrickdavida
5 - Atom

Good morning,

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

I'm working with the Xtract Universal tool within Alteryx.

I've got a two part process set up in Alteryx.

First I have an Xtract Universal tool pulling a query out of SAP with a list of Personnel Numbers.

Then I am trying to connect that list of Personnel Numbers to another Xtract Universal tool to pull a second query using the list of Personnel Numbers as a custom defined parameters.

My problem is that I have a list of 126 Personnel Numbers the Xtract Universal is only using the first Personnel Number for the Custom Defined Parameters.

How do I get the Custom Defined Parameter to accept more than one row of values?

My Personnel Numbers list will vary in size from month to month, one day it may be 126, and the next month it could be 98.

I'm hoping there is a setting either in Alteryx or in Xtract Universal that I can simply adjust to get the query run to accept multiple Personnel Numbers.  In SAP Query I can add an unlimited number of values for the selection of Personnel Number.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Warm Regards,

Patrick

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @patrickdavida 
Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your question. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* What Alteryx Version are you using?
* Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?
* What about a Screenshot?
* What does the data look like? (Beginning data vs. Final Output)

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...)

Thank you very much!

Community Moderator
rajeev_shree
5 - Atom

Hello Members,

I am facing one issue. While taking extraction log dump through web api method in Xtract Universal, I am able to capture Jobname, Type, source, destination, last run,rows,duration and created on , but I am unable to capture DURATION. Neither from the front screen where DURATION for all the jobs are showing, Neither 

from any perticular job bucket. Can someone please help me here that how can I capture the DURATION and show the duration in my POWER BI visualization ?

Also the time difference is showing exact 1 hour before when I am taking it in PowerBI: For example if the Last run happened on 09:00 AM in the morning, its 

showing 10:00 AM in PowerBI:

Regards,

Raj

Labels