Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow is saved as .yxwz but is indicated as Alteryx Apps and workflow won't open

kimberlyka
7 - Meteor

I keep trying to open the workflow to modify it but it keeps running in the background and simply exporting the extract file that I have indicated at the end of the workflow.

The screenshot attached is the pop up I get each time

There is a Regex tool that I added into the workflow and was working fine up until a few weeks ago (not sure if the issue lies here)

7 REPLIES 7
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @kimberlyka ,

I think your workflow is treated as an Analytic App because at some point, an Interface tool has been added then removed.

Can you check this configuration option and make sure it is set as "Standard workflow" ? 

Capture d’écran 2021-08-17 à 16.06.31.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kimberlyka 

2 ways to open it would be.

1. Right on the .yxwz file and click edit this will open in Alteryx.

2. Go to Alteryx and navigate to the file through File > Open Workflow.

This way you should be able to open the workflow. Later as @Jean-Balteryx mentioned you can change it to standard workflow and save as the file.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I definitely missed the opening part! 

kimberlyka
7 - Meteor

Haha it's no problem - thank you for your input! Also, for future reference, how may I get to the view in the screenshot that you provided in the first comment?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @kimberlyka 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You get this view in the configuration window on the left of the canevas after clicking in the canevas. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Sorry bad I misread it this time 😅

Just adding screenshot for point @Jean-Balteryx mentioned you can click on workflow in the configuration window when no tool is selected refer below highlighted.

atcodedog05_0-1629222726823.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels