community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Updating Allocate Report from List

Asteroid

I'm trying to update the 'Select Reports for Output' section of Allocate Report using a List Box with an Action of 'Update Raw XML with Data.'  When I run it through interface designer the Report - value does not update.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong?  Any ideas? 

Allocate Report tool for Demographic Boundaries.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Asteroid
Yes, I've done that. Same results. Nothing updates in the select reports part of the tool.

Bradley Crep
Sr Research Analyst

SUPERVALU, INC. | VVSSC Market Planning and Analysis
Cell. 000.000.0000 | Office: 952.914.5868 | Fax: 952.914.5800
Brad.J.Crep@supervalu.com

Information contained in this email, including attachments, is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential information. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender, and delete the email from your system.
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Since you're just updating the value with [#1], could you try Update Value (default)" rather than "Update XML"?

Asteroid

When I do the Update Value none of the boxes are checked.

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can you also select the "Replace a Specific String" checkbox towards the bottom of the config panel, to see if that helps?

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I tweaked the app and it's at least not throwing errors; however, it isn't generating output either. Perhaps that's due to me not checking the correct boxes while testing, or perhaps there are still issues in getting it all to take.  But hopefully it's a small step forward. (aside, the Community seems to be wiggin' out a bit... I got alerted to your most recent update, but don't actually see it here.  Either way, hope this helps!)

Asteroid

JohnJPS, your tweaked app made me think of something.  I changed it from 'select tool mode' to 'generate custom list'  and it works with one report at a time.  It's be cool if it could do more than one report.  Get a little, ask for more.   Thanks for the help!

Brad

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Brad, the attached workflow will at least accept multiple reports that I select. I sort of kludged around some other things: e.g. pulling report names from the location in the Alteryx install directory, and sticking with those.  If you want your custom list, you will still have to get that going.  Hopefully the only trick was my specification of XML tags in the list box.  Hope it helps! 

Labels