community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 9am-11am MT on Saturday, January 25th, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. (Result Code: 0x80020005)

Meteor

HI,

I am trying to import a spreadsheet to a SharePoint List an am getting this error "Error Adding Record #:1 Error: 0x80020005The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. (Result Code: 0x80020005)".  At the last step I also exported the data to a spreadsheet and had our SharePoint person manually load it and it loaded with no issues.  A few weeks ago it imported with no problems, the only change I made is that I modified the data to remove a few fields that are not required in SharePoint and I changed the order of a few fields.  There are 2 name fields that are SP Lookup fields.  Could that be the issue? The Output Options is set at "Delete List and Append".

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Hello @surfside1 

Can you please attach a copy of your workflow with some sample data? 
This will help the Community to better troubleshoot the issue you are encountering.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Meteor

I'm going to add 2 files, right now I don't see how to add multiple so this might take a couple of posts, we'll see :)

Meteor

Yep, takes 2 posts

I'm attaching the packaged workbook and the contents of a sample record that I exported from SharePoint using Alteryx.  I'm wondering a couple of things.  Could the "Extension #" be an issue for a column name or is it the Lookup fields?

I was able to import into SharePoint using this workflow prior to adding the Extension #, but then I have tested also without and still get this error.

Thanks!

Meteor

Trevor, no one answered my question.  I' like to have my attachments removed please.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @surfside1 

So unfortunately, reading and writing files to SP locations isn't supported with Alteryx. Only the Sharepoint Connector Tools are expected to work consistently. While at times it may work, it may randomly get access denied, and other random error messages like the one you're seeing when trying to read/write to the location. The workaround for this to consistently work is just to sync up the files with OneDrive - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/troubleshoot-mapped-network-drives-that-connect-to-sharepoi...

You can star the idea for this feature request in Alteryx - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/officially-support-writing-to-SharePoint-doc...

Cheers,

Mike

Labels