Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Tableau Publish Tool: Updates for Tableau 10.5 and new Hyper Data Engine (TDE)

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Tableau 10.5 will soon be in Beta.  This version is set to include the new Hyper Data Engine(TDE).  Is there an update to the Alteryx Tableau Publish Tool set to Beta at the same time?  We are currently using Tableau Online and have automated the republish of Tableau TDEs with this tool.  So, it's very important that when our Tableau Online Site updates (not in our control) that the transition is seamless..

I am very interested in helping to Beta Test any updates to this Alteryx Tool.  I will be at the Tableau Conference in a few weeks if someone wants to coordinate testing or meet with me.  Let me know!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MelissaDemcsak,

We are working closely with Tableau to integrate their Hyper functionality. When they release GA of the Hyper engine, we'll also release the integration in Alteryx. 

Best,

Alex

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Alex,

Thanks for your response.  If possible, I'd like to talk to someone on the product team to assure that no outages will be encounters and that changes occur simultaneously and transparently. 

Melissa

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

So once Tableau releases 10.5 with GA of Hyper, I'll just need to visit the Gallery to download the newest Tableau publishing tool?

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Tool/599c93c8f499c7141c13a619

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I'll let Alteryx answer regarding the specific tool location.  But, I spoke to a few Tableau folks last week at the Tableau Conference and it sounds like the first release of Hyper will be using the existing TDE engine (under the covers).  My take from this it that the existing Alteryx tool can be used when Tableau Online updates and once the TDE is written to Tableau Online, it will 'automagically' morph to a Hyper TDE.  I plan on testing this out in Tableau Online 10.5 Beta in the coming days. 

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @ARich.  

In the mean time, my team is trying to figure out whether to upgrade to Tableau Server 10.4.  We had problems with the "Publish To Tableau Server" tool a month or two ago on TS v10.3 and once we updated that Alteryx tool, things worked fine.  Do you know of any issues with the latest release of the Alteryx tool and TS v10.4?

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @matthew_slaughter,

I haven't heard of any issues, but @GarthM might have more info around that.

Thanks,

Alex

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jroot,

@GarthM and team are looking into that in the next several weeks. Once we have more information and know what that experience looks like, we'll update.

Best,

Alex

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MelissaDemcsak,

Happy to set up a call. I'll reach out via private message.

Best,

Alex

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

nothing to offer at the moment. we'll know more after the team completes their testing.

Labels