community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Survey Data Platforms?

Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Hi Everyone,

I am working on posting some new macro tools in the Gallery  which are geared towards survey data. My current focuses are Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey. Are there any other survey platforms with APIs or file downloads you need help with?

Regards,

Andrew

Quasar

I know at least one person in our organization is using SNAP Survey. I don't personally know anything about it, but they much preferred it over SurveyMonkey.

Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Thanks for the feedback Philip. Do you know if that teams uses Alteryx or would like to? I see they have a database wizard and file input and output options available. https://www.snapsurveys.com/help/index.htm#22498 

Quasar

They are adopting Tableau, but any Alteryx work comes to our group. Usually we receive a file and an explanation of what they would like done. More frequently, this leads up to one of us sitting down with the customer and creating the process they need for analysis or preparation.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our process.

Atom

Our organization uses QuestionPro. We have found them to be a good in-between for Qualtrics and Survey Monkey (i.e. better features, but not such a high cost). Through the API connector, you can build results to come in directly from QuestionPro, but they did charge you for API calls.

Meteoroid

We use SurveyGizmo that has a data integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.  Would love a Macro that would allow us access to our customer satisfaction survey.

Best,

John Schroeder

Atom
Hi Andrew

I’m actually working on a project at the moment where I want to connect Alteryx and SNAP, so am interested in whether you did any work on this, or any advice? Thanks Craig
Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Hi @cando ,

i havent done done any work with SNAP, but I would recommend checking if they have an API to make your life a lot easier.  I have used Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms and Typeforms.  

Atom

Thanks @AndrewDataKim, unfortunately they don't have an API so we may need to rethink our approach.

Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner
Hi @cando,

Another alternative is to “trick” it into letting you download the data. If you have a location in the platform that allows you to download the data by clicking on a download button you can right click the button and open in a new tab. Once this opens in a new tab, take a look at the url and see if it has a pattern. Sometimes you can download all of your forms this way. Otherwise I would suggest switching to a more robust platform or using something like UI Path or Ecllipse to pull the data (it automates the clicking in the browser).
Labels