community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Spatial Objects Not Showing With Browse Tool

Meteor

I can't get any spatial objects to show with the Browse Tool. I've checked my antivirus software and restarted my computer. Any other ideas what is causing this to happen?

Thanks!

Brent

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Vegasbrent 

Could you please share a printscreen of how it looks like? Also, I'd like to see the results tab of your workflow.

Cheers,

Meteor

I put the screen shot in a Word document below. I couldn't figure out how to display it here.

Brent

@Vegasbrent 

It could be firewall or anti-virus issues. Try to deactivate all of them for a while just to see if this is the root cause for the problem.

Cheers,

Meteor

I deactivated firewall and antivirus software, but it's still not showing up.

Brent

@Vegasbrent 

Could you please share your workflow (or at least the part where the map does not render) so we can check more details?

Cheers,

Meteor

@Thableaus 

It's attached.

Brent

@Vegasbrent 

I mean the workflow file. I had seen your printscreen, I'm not asking for that anymore.

Cheers,

Meteor

@Thableaus 

Sorry about that. Still learning. I'm actually going through the Prep Guide for the Advanced certification and the file is the one I downloaded from the live training video for intermediate spatial analytics. That file is attached.

Thanks!

Brent

@Vegasbrent 

The map was rendered with no problem on my machine. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your environment

These two topics basically report the same problem, and it was McAfee blocking AlteryxBrowseMap.exe that caused the problem.

Check it out:

Maps and spatial objects not showing in browse tool

Unable to view Browse map results in the configuration window in Alteryx 2018.3

Cheers,

Labels