Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Analysis

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx Spatial Analysis concept so it would be great if anyone help me on the below.

I need to Calculate the number of patients that fall within 10, 20 and 30 miles of each hospital location. I have attached my dataset. 

Below is the workflow which i have tried but I didn't get the correct output.

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Let's start by looking at those hospital locations. You have address information, but to find out where those addresses are, you need to "geocode" them to get Latitude/Longitude values. This can be done for free by Googling each address, or by using a paid service like the spatial "Location Insights Dataset" available from Alteryx or using an API available from various third-party vendors. 

Now that you have Latitude/Longitude values, you can use the Create Points tool to create spatial objects in Alteryx. A Trade Area tool can then draw the requested 10, 20, and 30-mile rings around each point. 

Now that those trade areas are prepared, prepare the patient records by geocoding them and using the Create Points tool to assign a point spatial object to each record. In the attached example, I randomly generated patient records to show the rest of the matching process.

Once you have prepared spatial objects for the trade areas and patients, use a Spatial Match tool and then Summarize the results. 

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Charlie,

Thank you so much for helping me to understand the concept in detail!

I tried with different scenarios it's working fine.

Labels