Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Save Results Workflow Messages to a File

KrisM
5 - Atom

Hello - does anyone know if there is a way to save the Results Workflow Messages to a file automatically after a flow runs?

I know I can set up an email on the EVENTS tab under Workflow configuration, but I wanted a file to be saved, specifically an excel file. Attached is what I am trying to save (data, not an image).

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KrisM 
Based on my test, I failed to get the log in Excel but there is something you might be interested.

We can enable logging then use a Dynamic Input to read in back the log files then output what ever you want.

However, there is a paradox here, the log is being used during the workflow execuation, but the Dynamic Input is the part of the workflow.
so eventually it throws error like below.

Although, if you run the workflow twice, then igore the error from the current run, and output the log from "last run", that may server your purpose.

CaptureF1.PNGCaptureF2.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @KrisM 

The CReW Runner macros make the results of the workflow available through their output anchors.  You can then use an output tool to write the results to an excel file

danilang_0-1615555062334.png

Dan

Labels