Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Recognize and Fill-In Multiple Ranges Off of List & Perform Lookup II

JAB95
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm looking to create a workflow which does the following:

Objective: create an Excel friendly file that clearly lists each individual Valid OU by Office Code. 

Problem: the Valid OUs are listed in a range and not by each individual OU code.

Starting with the Excel file titled Matrix Example, on the tab titled Ex. Office OU Matrix, I am pulling in the missing Valid OUs from the "Ex. Valid OU's" column (missing as in, the Valid OU's within each listed range).

The missing Valid OUs are found in order on the "Ex. List of OUs" tab in cells A1-A737.

My current workflow is attached. The issue with this one is that it can't currently handle the size of the Excel file, so in order for it to run I have to chop the Excel file up into 4 sections. My hope is that I can find a solution to run the Excel file attached in its current size through the workflow to remove the manual part of this process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
jvansistine
9 - Comet

Hi @JAB95 ,

I would approach this as a batch macro, so you can send one office in at a time and then do the search. The parse/lookup itself seems pretty straightforward, assuming your list is sorted in the correct order you want the ranges searched on.

I attached a quick pass I took at it that I think is doing what you're after. Hopefully this at least gives you a direction to head down.

-Jim

Labels