Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python tool unavailable - Junyper notebook is loading

csc2022
5 - Atom

All,

I recently installed 2019.4 and am running into an issue when I try to use the Python tool. It displays the "Junyper Notebook is loading" message, but then stops.

I have tried both the admin/non-admin installations - same missing functionality.

I can verify the junyper.exe and junyper-notebook.exe start in the Task Prompt but then quickly stop. 

The junyper_server.log produces the following results:

from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

File "c:\users\[USERNAME]\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\jupytertool_venv\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\sessions\sessionmanager.py", line 13, in <module>
from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pysqlite2'

Please let me know if there is anything I can look into.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @csc2022 - Beginning with the 21.4 major release, Alteryx provides technical product support on each major version of the Alteryx Product for a period of 24 months from the release date. Previous versions are supported for 18 months from the release date. End of Support for all stable/minor releases will match the major release date. Therefore, unfortunately, 2019.4 was out of support a year ago.

Also, we've upgraded Python in 2020.4 due to the security vulnerabilities in Python.

Taking everything above into consideration, I'd recommend you to consider installation of one of the latest versions of Alteryx Designer.

Labels