Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Python Path

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

In using the Python tool, I am getting this error 

ImportError: Module use of python36.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

It appears I am pointing to a local copy of python 3.7 instead of the python 3.6 in the MiniConda3 folder.  Any idea how to force it to open python from MiniConda3?  I've already set the PYTHON_PATH environment variable but no luck. 

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

What code are you running that produces this error?

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

from ayx import Alteryx

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

What version of Alteryx are you using?

Can you run the following commands below? This is what I am seeing on 2020.2. Your which python command output may look different as I have cygwin installed.

AndrewKramer_0-1593549657418.png

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

sys.version:

'3.7.7 (default, May 6 2020, 11:45:54) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]'

sys.executable (should be similar to your which python):

C:\Users\exxxxx\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda3\python.exe  (this version is 3.7.7 while the version in my MiniConda3 folder is 3.6.8)

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Which kernel is shown in the upper right of the notebook?

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

jupytertool_venv

No other option in Menu to change kernel.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks. Chatting with some of my colleagues, we've seen this error a few times. It's hard to further diagnose via community. If you could email support@alteryx.com we can take a further look.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @johnnyflush,

Update here. Can you share the contents of the following file:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\JupyterTool_vEnv\share\jupyter\kernels\jupytertool_venv\kernel.json

Here is what I see on mine. I wonder if yours is pointing to your personal Python 3.7 installation?

AndrewKramer_0-1593699115766.png

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I do not have a share folder under \Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\JupyterTool_vEnv nor is there a kernel.json file anywhere else in the Alteryx directory?

Capture.JPG

Labels