Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivot data for multi-row

Peter4
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I'm trying to do drag down data into a row if a specific condition has been met. Since I have so many columns, I figured I have to pivot my data first and use the multi-row formula afterwards. I'm still somewhat confused since it looks as if I have to go back ~164 rows. My current data looks like this (file attached):

clipboard_image_0.png

Where it says combo, I'd like to fill down actual data if it's available (everything up until 2019Q1) and forecast data if that's available (from 2019Q2). 

Attached is a picture of what I want it to look like with the results highlighted in red.

clipboard_image_1.png

I've attached some sample data, but I'm confused by the sheer mass of rows and the conditions. So for example I can only take Mech forecast and actuals for Mech combo and only synch forecast and actuals for synch combo and so on.

Please let me know if anything is unclear.

2 REPLIES 2
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Peter4,

I have looked at the problem and built a workflow that may help with the situation. See the attached and see if it solves the problem as you would expect. 

Peter4
8 - Asteroid

That's what I was looking for, thanks!

Labels