community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE
Alteryx Gallery is experiencing a problem in which system emails are not being sent out. As a result, if you are attempting to sign up for a new account, you may be unable to verify your email address. We are working to solve this as soon as possible and will remove this notice once resolved.

Output change name of Excel file

I am trying to use the output tool to rename an excel file, but I can only get it to change the name of the tab in the file.

I am wanting to change the name of the file to update with todays date.

I have created a field and tried to use the settings below, but none of the adjustments update the filename.

Capture.JPG

any suggestions?

Thanks

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

In the drop down "Append Suffix to File/Table Name" ... instead, select "Update Entire File Path."

I do not have an option for Update Entire File Path

Where else could i see that?

Capture.JPG

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry: "Change Entire File Path" would be the one to try.

ok, so I originally thought that would be the one to work, but I keep getting a "You must specify a sheet name." error.

I dont see an area to specifty the sheet name other than when I select where to write the file. So i tried to re-point it and name the sheet, but I still get the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I see.. could you try this: in the field name that you're using to replace the file name, try adding a pipe along with the sheet name... for example, replace...

C:\filePath\fileName.xlsx

... with ...

C:\filePath\fileName.xlsx|sheetName

I made that adjustment and i keep getting the error "You must specify a sheet name."

any ideas?

"\\wfm-team\team\Product Analysis Team\Jonathan\APT\Competitive Event"+[Date]+".xlsx|owssvr"

Hi There,

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know if there is an option to get these results in the file name? I'm certain I'm missing a step. From what I can tell, it looks like it only applies to the table/sheet name.

I have four options in the output:

1. Append Suffix to File/Table Name- requires sheet name in file path, the final product does not have the date in the file name but appended to the sheet name identified in the file path.

2. Prepend Prefix to File/ Table Name- requires sheet name in file path, the final product does not have the date in the file name but prepended to the sheet name identified in the file path.

3. Change File/Table Name- requires sheet name in file path, the final product does not have the date in the file name but has replaced the sheet name with the date.

4. Change Entire File Path- requires sheet name in the file path, but format used above results in error "You must specify a sheet name".

I have accomplished this using the Table and Render from the reporting tools, but that truncates my data (in some outputs but not all) and does not provide the option to wrap text. Ultimately this option would not be beneficial to my end user.

Thanks!

Hello,

My issue ended up being that the field size want long enough. I think it was set on 64 and I changed it to 256 and it worked.

Can you send a sample of your work flow to be reviewed?

Labels