ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now
The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a time due to scheduled maintenance on Thursday, April 22nd. Please plan accordingly.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

ORA - 12154 : TNS could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Georgealex
7 - Meteor

I did not get any solution yet . I am getting this oracle error while trying to read using Input Data function. (Error message attached)

I have installed Oracle ODBC driver for 64Bit for my laptop (it is a 64bit)

The table has been read using TOAD (user id /pwd is active)

I have tested the Oracle ODBC driver configuration in windows and DB connected successfully (Image attached)

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Georgealex 

Please check this article, it might be helpful for you to set up an Oracle connection.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Connect-to-an-Oracle-Databas...

Basicly I think you're not selecting the option to connect through ODBC. There are 3 ways of connecting to an Oracle Database - Client (OCI), ODBC and OleDB.

You're probably choosing through the Client (OCI), the error message indicates that

Cheers,

Georgealex
7 - Meteor

I am getting the following error using ODBC connection

Get Table List Error: Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

jreineck01
5 - Atom

I am getting the same error using ODBC and OCI. Did you find a solution?

Labels