Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Tabs outputting to Rows instead of Columns

mrich93
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am relatively new to Alteryx but gaining a better understanding, and I'm trying to Output an excel file that has 10 tabs all with relevant data, and multiple products and UPCs that need to be combined. The final output needs to look like this sample:

UPC10FL

QOH
FL

QOO
FL

Next ETA

I've been able to get Alteryx to give me the multiple tabs outputted into a dynamic input however I got as far as getting them to come out rows...(attached) which creates way too many outputs and duplicates, and I need the data to present in a linear format.

Let me know if I need to give further clarification.

7 REPLIES 7
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mrich93 Have you looked at the read excel sheets macro?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/The-Ultimate-Alteryx-Holiday-gift-of-2015-Read-Al...

This will help you read in all the sheets.

I am not sure how your excel file looks like but you can also use 10 input tools with an union tool to stack data on top of each other.

Digan
Alteryx
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

What about something like this? Workflow is attached.

crosstab transpose pic.png

mrich93
7 - Meteor

This looks exactly how I need it to ouputted, my only question now is, where do I import my data from excel into now? Would this come in before dynamic input? I have around 500 UPCs that are contained across 10 tabs (FL, CA, etc being the tab names). Each region needs the QOH,QOO, etc matched with one UPC

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This would come after your dynamic input. The idea is to transpose the columns where you group by the tab names, create a new column which combines the tab name and the other column names, and then crosstab this column back to the column headers, grouping by UPC code. This will result in one row for each UPC and columns for each tab and its respective columns. 

mrich93
7 - Meteor

Text input only being an input tool wouldn't that need to come before dynamic input? Sorry just trying get it straight. 

Would the text rows/columns need to be placed before I input my data? Then manipulate with tools. Attached is an example.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You mentioned that you were able to get Alteryx to give the multiple tabs outputted into a dynamic input and output the rows with duplicate UPCs, correct? If this is the case, you do not need the text input, but can use the tools following. My assumption was that your data would be coming out of the dynamic input something like this:

data format.png

mrich93
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!! I got it churn out correctly. Really appreciate you help 🙂 

Labels