Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Tables to Single Excel Tab Output/Render

jkrause33
5 - Atom

Hi all - is it possible to render multiple tables to a single output excel tab with a gap/spacing between the tables? I have multiple summarizations of the same dataset for some internal financial reporting that I'd like to combine on a single tab within the excel output (my reporting output is already set up with multiple tabs with different analyses, so I'm looking to be efficient as possible grouping related cuts/views of the data together to avoid having a workbook with hundreds of tabs).

I have attached a small example snippet of my workflow configuration where I attempted to do this, but cannot get working how I would like and feel that my Alteryx knowledge is lacking around the reporting functionality. Searches to the community pages have not led to any ideas on how I might accomplish this task. Ideally the output I'm looking to achieve is depicted in the screenshot below. Of course, I can manually go in and add that space between tables each month, but would love to be able to have Alteryx do it for me.

Some facts about the dataset that I believe are relevant:

-The data tables that I would look to output to a single tab in excel are interlinked/related in that they will include the same columns (number and name) and the number of rows will be identical as well (just summarizing on a different value; in the example case I have a count and a sum table within the same summarization structure)

-I had the thought to add a 'dummy' blank table to force space between the two actual data tables (attempt #3 in the attached workflow), but was not able to get that working as I had hoped (appears Alteryx just drops the blank table somewhere along the way).

Goal_Render.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jkrause33 

I added a quick example of how to do that. See the render output:

pedrodrfaria_0-1612912423592.png

We can simply just manually add an empty column by creating a null value and transforming it into a table. Let me know if you have any questions. The size of the empty column is an excel configuration. I didn't know if you were also needing the column to be larger, let us know if this is something you are also trying to accomplish and we can try to help you out with this.

Thanks,

Pedro.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For your report, you can add whitespace by adding a report text with just spaces. From there, I suggest using a join and then a horizontal layout to arrange your data.

echuong1_0-1612912627810.pngechuong1_1-1612912641587.png

Labels