Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mapping fields and replacing the strings

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I need help.

I have the input file and the mapping file.

I would like to replace the string in all the columns of the "alt_input_new" file with the "Replaced value" column in the mapping file.

For e.g. Taiwan(china) in the SOS file should be replaced with "Taiwan".

Can you please help?

Thanks

Sri

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @sriniprad08,

From looking at your data I think you want something like this:

IraWatt_0-1652193661426.png

Where you join on your mapping data on a column then replace the values. Which fields can you join these two files on? Also I don't see Taiwan(china) in the alt_input_new file?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @sriniprad08 ,

Hopefully I understand the question fully, the following workflow will look in the columns [CT], [SS] and [Country Override] of your input for values contained in columns [CPI], [SOS] and [Country Override] of your mapping and will replace those with the value contained under the [Replaced value] column

AngelosPachis_0-1652193800023.png

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Maybe this is what you are looking for.

gabrielvilella_0-1652194050826.png

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @gabrielvilella ,

Thank you so much for the kind reply. Really appreciate it. May be i was not clear in my request.

Actually based on the below table where it finds Taiwan it has to be replaced with "Taiwan". For eg. Below SOS has "Taiwan(China)" it has to be replaced with "Taiwan". Ideally all the three columns should have the same value to perform a join later.

sriniprad08_0-1652206870347.png

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you for the kind help.

Cheers,

Sr

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @IraWatt ,

Thank you for the kind help.

Cheers,