Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Loop inputs fields versus looping back

brwright
8 - Asteroid

If I call an iterative macro and pass it 2 parameters (Token and endpointURL) and at the end of the macro before it loops back I provide a single row with the same 2 values (Token and next endpointURL) then why is it telling me the endpointURL is missing on the 2nd iteration? 

I dont understand!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

In the Interface Designer window (Ctrl + Alt + D) did you set the Iterative Input and Iterative Outputs to the correct Macro Input and Macro Output Tools respectively?

PhilipMannering_0-1658849557848.png

brwright
8 - Asteroid

I dont know what "correct" is. Is output the loop back values or is it the results from the iteration? 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The Iterative Output should be the Macro Output Tool that has the values you want to loop back into the Iterative Input. See attached a simple example that adds 1 to the values each iteration and outputs when the value reaches 10.

PhilipMannering_0-1658851149103.png

You must first set the workflow type to Iterative Macro (Click on the canvas > Workflow tab in Configuration Pane > Set Maco = Iterative maco). See below,

PhilipMannering_1-1658851279985.png

Then in the properties of the interface designer, set which Macro Input and Macro Output you want to be the Iterative input and output.

PhilipMannering_2-1658851347372.png

The field names and types should ideally be the same for your Iterative Input and Iterative Output. Hopefully my attached example can shed some light on this. If you're still having trouble, you may need to share your macro so I can help you further.

brwright
8 - Asteroid

I took a closer look at these settings and tried it different ways and now it's happy! Thank you so much.

Labels