community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

Issue with one of the questions on the Core Certification exam

Asteroid

At Inspire 2018 last week, I took the Core Certification Prep course as well as the exam.

For those who are wondering -  my machine froze for about 20 minutes just after halfway through the 2 hours...

I finished with about 20 seconds left, not enough time to go back and review the questions I purposely skipped or guessed at with the intention of going back... about 10 in total that I planned to revisit.

I scored 79.6!  Grrrr.... so close.

In any case, I am taking it again this afternoon... wish me luck!

Back to the point: during the prep a sample test question was discussed in which the question was about where the output .yxdb file will be written when the path is defined as:

.\filename.yxdb

It was stated that:

1 - if the workflow is not yet saved, then attempting to run it will result in an error with this path\file setting.

2 - otherwise, it will save in the same folder as the workflow is saved in

Item 1 is not correct. When I built a workflow to test this, when I ran it prior to saving it there was no error message and the output file was saved in the Alteryx Bin folder:

noterror.jpg

The available answers should reflect this (multiple answers), or a clarification added to the question to indicate workflow save status.

Regards.

Highlighted
Quasar

Hi,

Good luck! Let us know how you fared.

I suspect that you would be best to post a comment to the Support folks so they can get this to the right people to fix the exam.

Cheers,

Iain

Asteroid

Great, will do - thanks!

I passed!

Before, I was certifiable... Now I'm certified! Lol

Quasar

Congratulations!

Atom

Hi!

I'm working on the core certification exam, I have gotten a 79% and 79.2% I have a few questions on the exam can I ask you your opinions on a few questions over email? My email is bethbeit@buffalo.edu

Thank you in advance if you can help!!!!

Asteroid

Hi!

Not a problem. I'll reach out to you shortly at the address provided from my email.

Talk to you soon.

:-)

How do you suggest right answer to your own question - Where will unsaved file get saved in this case?

Atom

Hi Beth!

I too am stuck at 78 and 78.5%. I am assuming you cleared the exam since its been a while since you posted this message. If you have time to spare kindly guide me! I am dropping a mail with the ID: sarvleen@buffalo.edu

Labels