community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Issue activating (trial or valid key)

Alteryx Certified Partner

We are seeing a strange issue when trying to activate the latest version of the designer. We have tired to both activate the trial or using a valid licence key.

We get to "Provide your information" where we populate this (on either activation) press activate and then all fields are blanked out and we see a null in Licence Keys.

Capture.PNG

We have tired reinstalling the app and have checked we can access all the sites required for an activation. Unfortunately we aren't getting any obvious error messages to look into.

Has anyone seen this before? Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve?

Highlighted
Atom

I am also having this issue!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Candice

Sorry for the trouble. We are currently troubleshooting this issue.  We have some work arounds to get you activated but we would like to get to the root cause of the issue.  If you are able to join a webex so I could gather some information from you to pass along to the product and development teams that would be extremely helpful for us to try and replicate this issue.  Please send me an email via fulfillment@alteryx.com and I will pick up the case to help troubleshoot.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Ewan

Sorry for the trouble. We are currently troubleshooting this issue.  We have some work arounds to get you activated but we would like to get to the root cause of the issue.  If you are able to join a webex so I could gather some information from you to pass along to the product and development teams that would be extremely helpful for us to try and replicate this issue.  Please send me an email via fulfillment@alteryx.com and I will pick up the case to help troubleshoot.

Asteroid

Any update on this?  We are experiencing the exact same issue, but it only occurs after silent installation pushed via SCCM.  It's incredibly annoying and frustrating.  The only work-around that I have found is to have the users create an account on the Alteryx website, associate their license key with that account, and THEN they can activate Designer using that same email address and license key.

Quasar
I encountered the same issue today with a coworker. We could not resolve the issue and I do not know the cause. Any help?
Alteryx
Alteryx

We have sent this issue to our engineering team for troubleshooting.  The only work around that I have found to work successfully is to utilize the cmd line activation script for license key activation

First open the cmd prompt

Second change the directory 

cd C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin (default location)

Then run the script

AlteryxActivateLicenseKeyCmd.exe [license key] [email address]

Replace license key and email address with the respective information and do not include the brackets

Once you hit enter on that cmd it should activate.  If it continues to fail I would suggest offline activation.

If you have further questions or would like to hop on a webex with me and a member of our engineering team, please open a case by emailing fulfillment@alteryx.com and provide a good day and time for us to schedule a call.

I am facing same issue when trying to activate Trial version.

Did it get solved? Any idea how we can fix it?

Asteroid
Does this require running the command prompt as an administrator?

Has any progress been made on this issue? It has been a significant obstacle for the user base in my company.

Tip for everyone: try to activate the license offline

- Turn your internet off

- Go to Manage Licenses - Activate New License.

It worked for me.

Cheers,

Labels