Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Intermittent Google Sheet Input 404 error - anyone else?

Macon
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have been running several workflows for years with both Google Sheet Input and Google Sheet Output.  I use the Developer Login credentials and those credentials have worked wonderfully.  

Up and until 2021-08-05.  That morning, I started getting the "Google Sheets Input: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" error.  I had changed nothing in the workflows prior to that error.

The google uptime page showed green, I checked all my developer credentials (OAuth2), and they still worked, according to google. 

I duplicated my workflow and tried replacing the input with newly created credentials (OAuth2), still no joy. 

With no other ideas to try, I put it aside for a few hours.

When I came back, again having changed nothing, just for kicks I ran my original workflow, the one that had been working for years, and the Google Sheet Input worked and my workflow ran to happy conclusion.

Today, in a different workflow I run all the time, but also using Google Sheet Inputs, I'm getting the 404 error.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  Can you think of other avenues I might go down to figure out where the issue is?

8 REPLIES 8
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Intermittent errors are the worst.

That's usually a server-side response, but...

are you connecting to the internet through a proxy or a corporate firewall?

Macon
7 - Meteor

according to my IT team:  I am connecting from behind a firewall, but no proxy.  "We're not doing anything to stop any outbound connections."

Macon
7 - Meteor

also super strange:  yesterday, one of my workflows worked in connecting to google sheets input, a different workflow did not.  same credentials.  Now today the workflow that worked yesterday doesn't connect.  again no changes since yesterday.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Oh man.  Inconsistencies at the same time - it doesn't get any worse than that.

Something about your IT department specifying that they're not blocking *outbound* connections though.

Are there any inbound that they are blocking?

When this happens, do you have another non-company internet connection available that you can try?

For example, I used to set up my cell phone as a hotspot and as soon as the company's internet gave me an issue, I would switch my computer to my hotspot to confirm if it was the company's internet or the endpoint/service I was trying to connect to.

LeonaSchaaf
5 - Atom

same issue here.  First I thought it might have to do with a new Alteryx version but downgrading didn't work 😞

Also searching for a solution

Macon
7 - Meteor

no blocking of inbound connections.  😞 

also issue is still happening.

i'm going to try again to start the process from scratch and see if I can just get a new test connection going.

Macon
7 - Meteor

sorry to hear that, though glad I'm not alone.  🙂

Macon
7 - Meteor

update:  9/3/2021 Alteryx Studio released version 3.0.0. of their Google Sheets Tools

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Sheets-Tools/5952d212a18e9e0e48a0cafe

so today:

- I upgraded Alteryx to 2021.3.1

- downloaded and installed Google Sheets 3.0.0

Connecting via Developer Key still did not work.  (And I worked through the process with my Sr. Sys Admin looking over my shoulder.)

But I was able to connect using a user credential.  So that was good.

Note that installing the new Google Sheets 3.0.0 does not affect previous Google Sheets Tools in your workflows.  You will need to add a new Google Sheets Input/Output widget in your workflows to replace those already there.

Internally, our preference is to use the Developer Key rather than a user credential, but for now we're making it work.

Labels