Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Interface Analytics app

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am creating an app, need support to create a list to choose below dates. After choosing the dates it should be summarized.

Example, if i choose Book and corresponding demand for dates 20/09 , 21/09 & 22/09 output should be 8 units.

Attached file has data.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Thanks, can you also advise on if I select only date. Will output give all
items with selected day's demand.
Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Shankar! I attached an app that I think should accomplish what you're wanting. The Dynamic Select tool only keeps the dates you want and the filter only keeps the items you want. I added the totals two different ways. One way (with the Add Toals macro), you keep each of the date fields that you summed together. With this method, you will get an error if no fields were selected. The other way (with Transpose and Summarize tools), you only keep the item and the total for the output. Hope this helps!

14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Shankar If you want all of the items for a selected date, just run the app (by double clicking on the .yxwz file) and check the check box for the date you want then select all of the check boxes for the items. This will give you a totals column for all of the items on the selected date.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Thanks. It will help. I will keep you posted after running the app.
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Work flow which you gave seems to be in more advanced version. I am currently using version 10.6. 

Can you please advise me on workflow that can be used with version 10.6

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Would it be possible to support with work flow for Transpose and Summarize tools.

I have attached a file, i want to provide a list box as in attached file..The list box should contain dates. User should choose the dates and then summarized values should be provided as output against all items.

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hello @Shankar. I attached the app to this post, and it should now open in your version of Alteryx. Additionally, the app uses the Transpose and Summarize tools, as you were wanting. Lastly, in this version, the user does not have the ability to select which items to include in the output, but rather includes all of them by default (so that the user only dynamically selects dates). Hope this helps!

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Is there any other way to filter the date with version 9.6
Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Shankar do you mean without the Dynamic Select tool or with a different interface tool?

Labels