community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Input .txt file with multiple data tables

Atom

Hi

I have a data output from SAP which is .txt but includes multiple data tables in the same file,  each with a heading containing relevant information.

Is there a way to input this data, separating into individual columns, and then using the headings to be a new column?

Sales Org    Price List    CnTy   Material ........ UoM    Valid From    Valid to

XYZ             Price List 1   ABCD   90120++           EA      04.02.2019  31.12.9999

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Asteroid

Hi JShep,

Please find attached my solution for your problem

First of all you need to separate the columns and clean your data from the unwanted rows and columns after that it's quite simple to work with it.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Kucsi

Alteryx Partner

Hi,

Please see the attached workflow, it is dynamic and so should take into account any other columns added.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Alteryx Certified Partner

@JShep 

Here's another solution to consider.

jrgo_0-1572447624513.png

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Atom

Unfortunately I am struggling to open the workflow as I have an older Alteryx version and am restricted on updating it, are you able to save in a different format?

Alteryx Partner

Which version of Alteryx are you using?

Atom

Using the below, I can open the other responses but not your one.

JShep_0-1572599895102.png

Alteryx Partner

Could you try this one? I've downgraded the file to 2019.2

Regards,

Jonathan

Highlighted
Atom

This is fantastic thank you. Frustratingly my source data sometimes outputs with 'blank' Price List and the workflow seems to lose this data. I wasn't sure if I could add a step to add in a dummy reference for example PL1, wherever it is blank to prevent this?

Example below and attached.

JShep_0-1572858532649.png

Labels