community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Input Data Only Returning 1 Row

Alteryx Partner

Hello all,

Thank you for what you do for this tool. I am having an issue with an ODBC input. I am connected to KB SQL through my work, and when I am trying to input a table it only bring in 1 row of data. I was troubleshooting this on the internet and could not find a solution. I was wondering if any of you have had an issue similar to this, and what you did to be able to bring in all rows.

Thanks,

WU

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Wu,

Can you please

1. Ensure you have no record limit set in the 'Options' table of the input data tool

2. add a 'browse' tool after the input tool and run the workflow? Does this change the results?

Often Alteryx will only grab a preview until the workflow is run. 

Alteryx Partner

No, it did not work unfortunately. I am trying to troubleshoot this issue and cannot come to a solution on why Alteryx will only bring in the first row of data when we use this a specific odbc connection.

Are there any people I can contact directly about specific issues with Alteryx?

M

Comet

Hey WU,

If you run the same query that you are using in your input tool in another query tool outside of Alteryx (DB visualizer,SQL assistant,Teradata,etc.) are you getting more than one row? If so, can you provide a screen shot of the Alteryx configuration pane for you input tool?

Sarah

Alteryx Partner

If I use Microsoft Access to pull the same table, I am returning all 1057 rows of records. So, yeah it seems to be an Alteryx issue, and my hunch is it has something to do with the specific KB SQL connection I am using to input the data.

I'm not sure I can do a screen shot as even though it's only one row it may have sensitive data.

Thanks,

Mark

Comet

Hey WU...I'm not looking for a screenshot of the data, just the configuration pane like this:

Capture.PNG

Alteryx Partner

alteryxx input.JPG

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Wu,

The 'Alteryx Resources' page of the community will show you the additional support options available, linked here

Best wishes,

Amelia

Alteryx Partner

Hi WU,

Did you ever get a resolution on this?  I am having the same issue with ODBC to SQL data services (IDS). 

Tableau Connection = 1,031 records

Alteryx Connection = 1 record

Thanks,
Brittany

Alteryx Partner

No! We are still working with our internal team an the people at Kb_SQL to try and see how we can get Alteryx to recognize and support this ODBC.

We also were only getting 1 row returned in Tableau, too. What are you doing to try and solve this problem?

M

Labels