Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

If statement

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

How many If statements can I use in 1 formula. I have about 20 statements and I need to close the formula but its giving me an error or the formula stops working at the end. 

I start each new statement like the below and then this is the end part that stops working or gives me a red line 

I was trying to do:       else Null() endif   but that doesn't work either   

elseif [Appeal Outcome] not in ('OV', 'UP','PU', 'WD', 'DM', 'PN') then 'appeal outcome error' else Null()

3 REPLIES 3
diksha1107
7 - Meteor

Hey,

Instead, you can try making one mapping file if your formula is writing constant values in the output and then you can use Find & Replace Tool. 

Let me know if this helps or you can share a sample workflow having sample data.

Thanks & Regards,

Diksha Adtani

Certified Alteryx Partner

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @VeronicaElse 

Can you share a snapshot of whats the error you are facing.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @VeronicaElse - I guess the ultimate goal is to build a workflow that will deliver a desired outcome. Understanding the root cause of the error and ways to fix it are nice to have. If that's the case, can you please describe the logic that you need to implement and provide a sample dataset? 

Labels