community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE
Alteryx Gallery is experiencing a problem in which system emails are not being sent out. As a result, if you are attempting to sign up for a new account, you may be unable to verify your email address. We are working to solve this as soon as possible and will remove this notice once resolved.

(IN/OUT) select tool # (IN-DB) select in-DB --> limitation on max number of fields ?

Atom

Is there a limitation on the number of fields in the incoming database (SAP Hana) to display all the fields in the tools - select tool - or - select in -DB.  In both tools I end up with only the *Unknown field. There should be hundreds of fields to select from.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Not that I am aware of, how are you currently connecting today? Are you using the IN-DB connection? Have you been able to connect before to a different table in HANA? 

Bolide
Bolide

Hello @JeroenL  I don't think there is a limitation.

Every time in order to see the fields you will have to run the workflow once or the only other issue I can think of is alteryx was unable to read that specific table (possibly access issue).

Have you tried writing a query to select just 2-5 columns to ensure that it is reading the limited number of fields but not in hundreds?

Thanks,

Yug

Labels