Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to remover Registered and Trademark signs from a field/Matching Text Percentage

anthony123
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am a beginner. I am comparing two different brand fields and need to remove the Trademark and Register trademarks from the values of one field (Brand1). I also need a way of conducting some sort of text match analysis between the two fields (Brand1 vs Brand2). I am seeking a solution that compares the values of both fields (Brand 1, Brand2) and provides a percentage match. From there I would like to review anything that has a less than 50% match. I know there's a method through various Excel add-ins. However, is there a realistic solution in alteryx?

Thank You for your insights.

1 REPLY 1
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @anthony123,

Thanks for your question! To remove these symbols, use the Replace function in the formula tool. 

Replace([Field1], "™", "")

Note: I've just inserted the TM symbol into a work doc and copied into my formula in Designer. I've attached a sample workflow for reference. 

You will follow the exact same process to remove the 'Registered' icon as well. 

Labels