Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with IF statement returning first instance of a value

MJ54
7 - Meteor
I have one super long excel sheet that contains multiple identical files combined , one after another. There is a field at the end of the entire sheet that has the original file date (example - it displays August 2nd for about the first 300 lines and then starts displaying August 3rd when the next file's data begins etc. all the way up to August 31). In column B, I have a value called "Baskets". This value occurs multiple times not only within the entire sheet but within each individual set of data from each date. I would like to write an IF statement for a new column that looks at the first instance the word "Basket" occurs within each file date and returns a corresponding value. How would I go about that?
3 REPLIES 3
Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Would you mind sharing the sample data?

Best Regards

Arundhuti

MJ54
7 - Meteor

I unfortunately cannot as it is sensitive data. Please let me know if I can answer any other queries.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hey @MJ54 ,

Although I'm not quite sure what your input looks like or what's the desired output, I put together a sample workflow as a proof of concept of how you can flag the first occurrence of the Basket word for each date.

AngelosPachis_0-1631123136117.png

Hope that's what you're after.

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels