Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help on handling SQL Server ESRI GeoDatabases with 'Shape' fields using In-Database tools

paulldjones
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all

I have a SQL Server Database which has 'Shape' fields defined in it, the database originates from an ESRI system so is a GeoDatabase.

I am handling the tables using in-Database tools, if I leave the Shape Field in the Connect In-DB tool it does not return any records with the following error:

paulldjones_0-1624190942861.png

If I select all fields of the table excluding the 'Shape' field it will work. Is there a special way of handling the Shape field's in this case with in-Database queries? I would like to be able to use the Shape data.

regards

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @paulldjones you cant use spatial objects with In-database. What I've done previously is ensure my data had Lat and Long and then geocoded after the data stream out. That approach is ok if you have points you might want to look at the dynamic tool as that can work with spatial objects and a database if your data is a polygon. 

In_Database_Spatial.JPG

paulldjones
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks for your quick reply, they are mostly points and the lat/lons are already fields in the data so there seems to be a solution..

Labels