Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

GoogleDrive Output Tool Error Writing

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

Just upgraded to 2022.4.1 and installed the Google Drive Input and Output Tools. I am getting a ' " is not a valid FileType Error' The configuration is correct and I got it to work once but not sure how I did it. Any thoughts?

Hayden_McHan_0-1644278097073.pngHayden_McHan_1-1644278121165.png

5 REPLIES 5
Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hi @Hayden_McHan ,

Please use the correct file format. If you are not using Alteryx database then it must be corrected.

Hayden_McHan
7 - Meteor

@Kamran1991 unfortunately that doesn't fix it. None of the output file types in the GDrive Output tool clear the error. They all result in the same error.

Par_O
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Hayden_McHan , I'm experiencing the same issue as well. Connecting to Google driven and ingesting data is not a problem but I received the same error ' '' is not a valid FileType' when writing files to the same Google Drive that I'm reading from.

Par_O_0-1675344956112.png

joldham
5 - Atom

Experiencing the same error ' '' is not a valid FileType' when writing files to Google Drive. Has a solution been found?

joldham
5 - Atom

Met with someone from Alteryx and solution is when you click Add File, you have to specify the file extension in the popup. They are providing feedback to the product team on making this more user friendly.

joldham_0-1677022657804.png

Labels